Tuesday, September 4, 2012

In Sickness and In Health


A healthy husband says, "I don't need to see the doctor. I'm a man. I will live forever."

A sick husband whimpers from underneath a pile of blankets, "I'm going to die. Feel my head. doesn't it feel like I'm going to die?"

A healthy husband declares, "I don't need to take medicine. I'm a man."

A sick husband will ask in a pitiful voice, "Do we have any medicine that will keep me from dying?"

A healthy husband complains that we don't have any ice cream in the house.

A sick husband sobs that he is going to die because we don't have any ice cream in the house.

A healthy husband lets you know, "There is nothing to eat in this house. I am starving."

A sick husband explains, "I'm not hungry. I had a bowl of applesauce today. That's enough."

A healthy husband tells you, "It's not cold in here. Leave that thermostat alone."

A sick husband whines, "This house is freezing. Can't you feel how cold it is in here? Turn up the heat. Pile on the blankets. I'm suffering from hypothermia here."

A healthy husband informs you, "I don't need to call my mom; I'm a grown man."

A sick husband moans, "Call my mom. She'd know what to do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm a needy person, I only write if someone will read.